First, you need to make sure that your computer is connected to the internet and that you have a working VPN connection. If you do not have a VPN connection, you can find instructions on how to set one up here. Once you have a working VPN connection, follow these steps:
1) On your computer, open My Computer and click on the “Map network drive” icon in the toolbar.
2) In the window that opens up, select the “Drive” drop-down menu and choose the letter of the drive you want to use for your mapped network drive. Then, enter the path of your network drive in the “Folder” field (for example: \ server sharename). Finally, check the box labeled “Reconnect at logon” and click “Finish”.
Your computer should now be able to access your network drive whenever you are logged into your VPN!
1. Connect to your VPN.
2. Open File Explorer.
3. In the left pane, click This PC, then click Map network drive in the ribbon.
4. In the Drive list, choose a drive letter for the shared folder you want to access over the VPN connection.
If you’re not sure what drive letter to use, try something like Z: or V:
5. Type in the path to the shared folder, then click Finish. For example, if you’re mapping a drive to \Server01ShareFolder1, type that into the Folder field and click Finish).
You can also check Reconnect at sign-in if you want Windows to automatically connect this network drive every time you log into your computer with your VPN account.
6. The mapped network drive will now appear in File Explorer under This PC (assuming you didn’t change its location). Double-click it to open it just like any other folder on your computer!
There are two main ways to connect to a VPN: through an app or manual configuration. If your company has provided you with a VPN app, simply download and install it on your device. Once you open the app, enter your VPN credentials (username and password) and then select the server you wish to connect to. After a few seconds, you should be connected to the VPN and able to access all of your company’s resources as if you were on the same local network.
If you need to configure a VPN connection manually, the process will vary depending on which platform you’re using (Windows, macOS, iOS, Android etc.). However, most platforms follow a similar process: first, create a new network connection and select “VPN” as the type of connection. Then enter the necessary settings provided by your company (server address, encryption type etc.) and save the connection. To connect to the VPN simply open this new connection from within your network settings panel and enter your credentials when prompted – again after just a few moments you should be online and ready to work!
Thank your for reading!