If you’re using a Kodi media player on your Amazon Fire Stick, you may want to consider adding a VPN to keep your streams private and secure. In this article, we’ll show you how to set up a VPN on your Fire Stick so you can start watching Kodi with peace of mind.
Before we get started, please note that we do not condone the use of Kodi for illegal streaming purposes. This guide is intended for educational purposes only. With that said, let’s get started!
1. Choose a VPN service that supports Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick devices. We recommend ExpressVPN because it offers fast speeds, strong security features, and easy-to-use apps for all popular platforms (including Amazon Fire TV).
2. Sign up for an account with your chosen VPN provider and download the app onto your Fire Stick device (this will usually be done via the Amazon Appstore).
3. Open the VPN app and sign in using your account credentials. Keep the app open while we proceed to the next step
First, go to Device > Developer options and make sure all the features are turned on. Then, navigate to Main menu > Apps > Utilities and install the Downloader application.
Once the Downloader app is installed, open it and enter the following link: https://tinyurl.com/vpnuamaz. KeepSolid VPN Unlimited will begin downloading automatically.
Once the download is complete, open the app and sign in with your account credentials. Then, simply select the server location you want to connect to and hit the “Connect” button. That’s it! You’re now protected by KeepSolid VPN Unlimited.
Adding OpenVPN to Kodi is simple and only takes a few minutes. Here’s how:
1. Download the OpenVPN configuration files from your VPN provider. Make sure to save them in a location that you’ll remember.
2. Launch Kodi and go to Add-ons > My add-ons > VPN Manager for OpenVPN.
3. Click on ‘Add new VPN profile’. This will open the settings window for VPN Manager.
4. In the settings window, select ‘Import file…’ from the drop-down menu next to ‘Profile’. Navigate to the folder where you saved the OpenVPN configuration files and select one of them. The other file(s) will be imported automatically depending on which protocol(s) your VPN provider uses (UDP or TCP).
5 Enter your VPN credentials in the ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ fields (these are usually provided by your VPN provider). If you want, you can also change the ‘Connection name’ field to something more descriptive like “My VPN Provider”.
6 Select OK once you’re finished filling out the fields. The new profile should now appear in the list of profiles under ‘Profiles’.
7 To connect to your VPN, simply click on its name in the list of profiles and then click on Connect in the bottom right corner of Kodi
Thank your for reading!