1. Download and install the latest version of the NordVPN app for your device.
2. Connect to any NordVPN server. It doesn’t matter which one, as all of our servers can unblock Plex.
3. Open the Plex media server application. If you don’t have it installed yet, you can find download links and installation instructions on the official Plex website.
4. That’s it! Now you can stream your favorite movies and TV shows through Plex without any restrictions!
First, make sure that you have a NordVPN account and are logged in. Then, open the Plex Media Server application. In the left sidebar, click on the little gear icon to open Settings.
Under General, look for Remote Access. Click the button that says Manually specify public port. In the Port field that appears, type in 8888 (or any other port number between 1024-65535 that isn’t already being used).
Next, still under General in Plex settings, find Network Security. Check the box that says Require SSL for all remote connections. This is important! If you don’t do this step, your server could be hacked very easily.
Now go back to NordVPN and open up your app. Click on Settings in the left sidebar and then head to Advanced Settings at the bottom of the list. Enable Port Forwarding by clicking the switch next to it so it turns green; then click on OK at the bottom right of the window to save your changes.
Finally, connect to any NordVPN server location. Once you’re connected, go back to Plex settings (under Remote Access) and click Test Connection at the bottom of the page. It should say “Success!” Congrats, you’ve now set up a secure connection betweenPlex and NordVPN!
1. The server your Plex media is hosted on must be fast and reliable for good streaming quality. If you’re using a remote server, the connection between that server and your home will play a role in how well Plex performs. A VPN can potentially improve or degrade that connection depending on several factors.
2. The VPN itself can introduce lag or throttling issues if it’s not properly configured. A bad VPN could make Plex unusable, while a good one should have little to no impact on performance.
3. In some cases, using a VPN with Plex can actually improve your streaming experience by bypassing geo-restrictions that would otherwise block you from accessing certain content. This is especially useful if you’re trying to stream content from another country.
Assuming you have a fast and reliable server hosting your Plex media, and assuming your VPN is properly configured, there’s a good chance that using a VPN withPlex won’t have any negative impact on your streaming experience
Thank your for reading!