There are two ways to add a VPN to Kodi: using a pre-configured VPN addon or manually configuring the built-in OpenVPN support. We’ll cover both methods below.
Using a VPN Addon
If you want an easy way to add a VPN to Kodi, then using a pre-configured addon is the way to go. There are several good options available, but we recommend IPVanish because it’s one of the few that offers consistently fast speeds and reliable connections. Plus, it has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to get started with Kodi VPNs. Here’s how to install and use IPVanish on Kodi:
1) Download the IPVanish addon from here and save it somewhere on your device.
Adding OpenVPN to Kodi is simple and only takes a few minutes. Here’s how:
1. Download the OpenVPN configuration files from your VPN provider. Make sure to save them in a location that you’ll remember.
2. Launch Kodi and go to Add-ons > My add-ons > VPN Manager for OpenVPN.
3. Click on ‘Add new VPN profile’. This will open the settings window for VPN Manager.
4. In the settings window, select ‘Import file…’ from the drop-down menu next to ‘Profile’. Navigate to the folder where you saved the OpenVPN configuration files and select one of them. The other file(s) will be imported automatically depending on which protocol(s) your VPN provider uses (UDP or TCP).
5 Enter your VPN credentials in the ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ fields (these are usually provided by your VPN provider). If you want, you can also change the ‘Connection name’ field to something more descriptive like “My VPN Provider”.
6 Select OK once you’re finished filling out the fields. The new profile should now appear in the list of profiles under ‘Profiles’.
7 To connect to your VPN, simply click on its name in the list of profiles and then click on Connect in the bottom right corner of Kodi
But how do you actually add NordVPN to your TV? We’ve got the step-by-step guide below:
1. Firstly, make sure that your TV is connected to the internet. This can be done via Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
2. Next, go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and download the NordVPN app onto your smartphone or tablet.
3. Once the app has been downloaded, open it up and log in with your NordVPN account details.
4. Now select which country you would like to connect to from the list of available options.
5 .Once you have selected a country, click on the “Connect” button and wait for the VPN connection to be established.
6 . Your TV will now be protected by NordVPN! You can start browsing the internet safely and securely without fear of being spied on or having your personal data compromised
Once you have an account set up, download the app onto your FireStick. You can find it in the Amazon App Store by searching for “ExpressVPN.” Once it’s installed, open the app and log in with your account credentials.
Now that you’re logged in, connect to a server location of your choice. We recommend choosing a server that’s close to your actual location for the best speeds. Once you’re connected, press the Home button on your remote and head over to Settings > Device > About > Network.
Scroll down until you see your IP address. If it matches the location of the VPN server you’re connected to, congrats! Your VPN is all set up and working correctly.
Thank your for reading!