If you’re not using an app and instead are connecting to a VPN service manually, you can still remove the configuration easily enough. Just go to Settings -> General -> Network and then select the “VPN” option at the top of the screen. From there, simply select the “Delete VPN” button and confirm that you want to remove theconfiguration.
First, delete the VPN app from your phone, tablet, computer, or router. This should be all that’s needed to remove most types of VPNs. If you were using a service like TunnelBear, for example, simply uninstalling the app would take care of everything.
In other cases, however, you may need to take additional steps. For instance, if you were using a custom OpenVPN server set up on your own computer, you’ll need to delete the configuration files associated with it. These will typically be stored in the C:Program FilesOpenVPNconfig folder (or wherever else you installed OpenVPN). Just delete the files with names that correspond to the servers you were using – e.g., “us-west-1.ovpn” for a server in California – and that should take care of things.
Finally, if your goal is simply to stop using VPN entirely and don’t plan on ever connecting to another server again, then it might make sense to just disable IP forwarding on your system entirely. This will prevent any traffic from being routed through the VPN connection – meaning that even if someone tries to connect to one of your previously configured servers they won’t be ableto succeed. To do this on Windows 10:
Open File Explorer and navigate to Control PanelNetwork and InternetNetwork Connections Right-click on the adapter corresponding to your active VPN connection and select Properties Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list Click Properties again Under General uncheck “Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” Click OK twice Disable IP Forwarding
If that doesn’t work, or if you’re still seeing the Hola extension in your list of extensions, try restarting your browser. That should do the trick!
Here’s how to remove VPN from your iPhone 7:
1. Tap the Settings app on your home screen.
2. Scroll down and tap General.
3. Tap VPN near the bottom of the list.
4. You should see a list of all theVPNs that are configured on your device. Tap the one that you want to delete.
5. On the next screen, simply tap Delete VPN at the bottom
1. Go to Settings and scroll down to General.
2. Under General, tap on VPN.
3. You should see a list of all the VPNs that are currently configured on your device.
4. Tap on the one that you want to remove and then select Delete VPN at the bottom of the screen.
5. Confirm that you want to delete the selected VPN by tappingDelete again in the popup window.
Thank your for reading!