There are two ways to locate your virtual network adapter. The first is by opening the Network and Sharing Center in Windows and looking for the adapter under either “Change adapter settings” or “Set up new connections or networks.” The second way is by opening more quickly finding it in Device Manager.
1) To open the Network and Sharing Center, right-click on theStart Menu рџ™‚and then click onNetwork and Sharing Center from the list of options:
2) Once the Network and Sharing Center opens, look under either “Change adapter settings”or “Set up new connections or networks”:
3) If you see your VPN listed here, simply highlight it and select “Properties.” If not, select”Set up new connections or networks” рџ™‚and then follow the instructions below:
Now that we’ve found our way into Change Adapter Settings let’s take alook at how easy it is to spot our beloved VPN connectionunlessit’s hidden of course. Here we have two adapters listed; oneis enabled (Ethernet 2), while our other disabledadapter is called TAP-Windows Adapter V9:
4) Since we can see both adapterslisted here, all tasks relatedto managing these adapterscan be performed fromwithin this window; inour case however sincewe know which iswhich- one beingBenjaminFranklin Bridge(our physicalconnection),the other anetwork bridge setupto optically transmitdata packets betweenthe local computerand another deviceor computer(TAP-WindowsAdapter)- let’s justright click on ourother/disabledadapter so wecan easily Enableit when needed:
Jump down steps 5 through 8if you’d ratherget there fasterthan read aboutmanually enablingyour TAP-WindowsAdapter everytimeyou want touse Boomerang! 😉
5 Right Click On TAP-Windows Adapter V9 > Properties > General Tab > Select ‘Install’ From The Driver Software Available Action Menu:
6 After Choosing ‘Install’ From The Driver Software Available Action Menu You Will Be Prompted With A Security Warning By Windows; Choose ‘Install’:
1. Go to your VPN provider’s website and log in.
2. Click on the “Settings” or “Account” page.
3. Look for a section labeled “VPN Name” or something similar.
4. Copy down the VPN name and use it when prompted during the connection process.
If you can’t find your VPN name on your provider’s website, contact customer support and they should be able to help you out.
The second way to find out if your Mac has VPN support is to look for a program called Tunnelblick. This program is specifically designed for using VPNs on Macs and it should be available for free from the App Store. If you install this program, it will put an icon in your menu bar which will make it easy for you to access your VPN whenever you need it.
If your browser doesn’t have a VPN option, or if you’re using a different kind of computer such as a smartphone or tablet, there may be a separate app that you need to download in order to use the VPN. Once again, this will usually be found in the settings or preferences of your device. Once you’ve found theVPNoption, all you need to do is enter your login details and start browsing!
First, if you have access to the router that the VPN is using, you can check the configuration settings. The preshared key should be listed in the settings.
If you don’t have access to the router, you can also check the VPN client configuration. Open the VPN client and look for the preshared key setting. It might be listed under “Advanced settings” or something similar.
If you still can’t find the preshared key, contact your VPN provider and they should be able to give it to you.
Thank your for reading!