1. Double-click on the downloaded file to begin installation.
2. When prompted, click “Run”.
3. If you see a User Account Control pop-up, click “Yes”. This is necessary to allow changes to be made to your computer.
4. The setup wizard should open automatically – if it doesn’t, double-click on the AnyConnect program file in your downloads folder (usually located in C:UsersYourUsernameDownloads).
5. In the next window that appears, choose “Install”. You may see another User Account Control pop-up at this step – again, click “Yes” to continue.
6. Once installation is complete, click “Finish”. A new window should appear asking you to enter your VPN connection details; these will have been supplied by your school or workplace (if not, contact your system administrator for assistance). After entering the required information and clicking “Connect”, you should be successfully connected!
1. Go to the Cisco Software Download site and log in with your Cisco account. If you don’t have a Cisco account, you can create one for free.
2. Search for “AnyConnect” in the search bar and select it from the list of results.
3. On the next page, select your platform (Windows, MacOS, Linux, etc.) and then choose the AnyConnect version that you want to download. Be sure to check the release notes before downloading any software package!
4. Click on the “Download” button next to the chosen package and save it to your computer.
5. Once downloaded, double-click on the file to begin installation. Depending on your platform and version, there might be some additional steps required during installation process so be sure to follow all instructions carefully!
Thank your for reading!