First, determine which port you need to open. This will be the port that the remote resource is using.
Next, log into your VPN account and access the settings or configuration panel. Look for an option that allows you to add new ports.
Once you’ve found the appropriate setting, enter the port number and save your changes. Ideally, you should now be able to access the remote resource through your VPN connection.
However, there are some cases where port forwarding can be useful, even with a VPN. For example, if you’re trying to set up a remote desktop connection or stream video from a home server, you may need to open up specific ports on your router in order for things to work properly.
Fortunately, setting up port forwarding with most VPNs is pretty easy. In this article, we’ll show you how to do it with two of the most popular services: OpenVPN and IPsec/L2TP.
1) Log into your router’s web interface and navigate to the port forwarding section. This will likely be under a “Firewall” or “Advanced” heading.
2) Create a new rule with the following settings:
– Protocol: UDP (unless your VPN service uses a different protocol)
– External Port: 1194 (or whatever port your OpenVPN server is using)
– Internal Port: 1194 (or whatever port your OpenVPN server is using) 3) Save the changes and reboot your router if necessary. Your OpenVPN server should now be accessible from the outside world!
1. Log into your router’s web interface. The default IP address for the Netgear Prosafe is 192.168.0.1 – you can access this by typing it into your browser’s address bar.
2. Once you’re logged in, go to the NAT/Port Forwarding section of the router’s configuration page.
3. Here, you’ll need to add a new entry in order to port forward. Enter the name of the service or application that you’re wanting to use in the Service Name field, and then enter the internal IP address of the device that will be using this service in the Internal IP Address field.
4. Finally, select the protocol (TCP or UDP) and enter the specific port number (or range of numbers) that you wish to forward in both the External Port and Internal Port fields respectively. When you’re finished, click Add Service/Apply Changes to save your changes./p>
Thank your for reading!