1. Check the IP address that your browser is showing. If it’s different from your real IP address, then your VPN is working and hiding your IP address.
2. Make sure your VPN connection is encrypted. You can usually check this in the settings of your VPN client software. Look for words like “encryption” or “encrypted”.
3. Try accessing a website that’s normally blocked in your country. If you can access it without any problems, then chances are good that your VPN is hiding your location and allowing you to bypass restrictions.
4. Use an online service like ipleak or DNSleaktest to check for leaks. These websites will show you whether or not your DNS requests are being leaked (which would allow people to see which websites you’re visiting). If there are no leaks, then congrats, your VPN is doing its job!
The Pros of Using a VPN
There are many good reasons to use a VPN, including:
1. Protection from hackers and cyber criminals – When you connect to the internet without a VPN, you’re risking being hacked or having your personal information stolen. A good VPN will encrypt your traffic and make it much harder for criminals to get their hands on your data.
2. Bypassing government censorship – In some countries, the government censors certain websites and restricting access to them. A VPN can help you bypass these restrictions and gain access to the internet freedom you deserve.
3. Accessing geo-blocked content – Many streaming services like Netflix block users from other countries from accessing their content. However, if you connect to a server in another country with a good VPN, you can trick Netflix into thinking you’re in that country and gain access to all the great shows and movies that come with it!
4 Improved speeds – If your ISP is throttling your connection or slowing down certain types of traffic (like video streaming), using a VPN can help improve your speeds by Encrypting your traffic and routing it through an intermediary server..5 business security When working remotelyEspecially if you’re dealing with sensitive dataA vpn can add An additional layer Of security To keep prying eyes offYour business’ confidential information
The Cons of Using Hotspot Shield
Limited compatibilityWith Some devicesAnd platforms
Slower Speeds Due To encryption
Potential Issues With security And privacy If Not properly configured
First, note down your IP address. Next, log in to your VPN and check that you are connected to the server you selected. Finally, go back to your browser and type in “what is my IP Address”. If Norton VPN is working, it will show the masked IP address of your VPN.
Another way to check is to use a web-based proxy service. This will route your traffic through the proxy server and show you the headers of the websites you’re visiting. If you see any headers that say “Via: 1.1 [name of VPN provider]” then that means the site you’re visiting is being routed through a VPN.
Finally, you can also use a tool like Wireshark to sniff your traffic and look for any evidence of VPN usage. If you see any SSL-encrypted traffic going to port 443 (the standard port for HTTPS traffic) then that’s a good indication that someone on your network is using a VPN.
Another way to check if a VPN tunnel is working properly is to try and access some resources on the remote network. For example, you could try and access a file share or printer on the network. If you are able to do so without any issues, then again, this is usually an indication that the VPN tunnel is indeed up and running as it should be.
Thank your for reading!