There are many different VPN providers available, each with their own Pros and Cons. Some are free while others require a subscription. It’s important to choose a reputable provider that offers robust security features and fast speeds.
Once you’ve chosen a provider, connect to the VPN by following these steps:
1) Open the VPN app or client and sign in with your credentials.
2) Choose a server location — this will determine what IP address is assigned to your device. Selecting a server in a different country will allow you to bypass restrictions based on your location.
3) Connect to the server by clicking the “Connect” button. Your device will now appear as if it’s browsing from the selected location.
4) To disconnect from the VPN, simply click the “Disconnect” button within the app or client
Go to the Network and Sharing Center.
In the left pane, click Change adapter settings.
Right-click your VPN connection and click Properties.
At the VPN properties, click the Networking tab.
In the list of networking protocols, double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
Click the radio button next to Use the following DNS server addresses.
In the Preferred DNS server field, enter the address of your local DNS server.
Click OK to save your changes.
Host Name or IP Address: The address of your VPN server
User Name: Your VPN username
Password: Your VPN password
encryption level : Select “3DES” from the drop-down menu
Now click “Add”. Your Cisco phone will now be connected to the VPN!
1. Open the Welcome Email you received when you signed up for ProtonVPN. If you can’t find this email, log in to the Client Area and then click on “Welcome Email” under “My Details”.
2. Download and install the ProtonVPN app from the link in the welcome email or our Downloads page. Launch the application and enter your credentials to login. Note: If you are using our legacy app (ProtonVPN 1.x), please see instructions here instead.
3-Once logged in, hover over the country selection dropdown menu and select a country with a server that supports OpenVPN connections such as United States, Netherlands, or Japan . Next, click on the switch below Secure Core servers to enable it if it is not already enabled . This will provide an extra layer of security by sending your traffic through our Secure Core network before exiting onto the public internet .
4- Now that you have selected a server location and protocol , click on CONNECT . Once connected, check your new IP address at https://whatismyipaddress.com/ip-lookup . You should now be able to access blocked websites!
5- If you have any trouble connecting or would like more customization options such as choosing a specific server with certain protocols , please see our How To Connect guides which cover all supported devices and platforms .
Thank your for reading!